A6 SOUTH CLOSURE 20th – 30th OCTOBER 2023.
We have had confirmation from CBC of the traffic mitigation they are putting in place during the closure.
These are the finalised and confirmed measures:
- Junction at Newbury Lane/Ampthill Road – one lane will be closed off to eliminate the blind spot
- TTRO Temporary Traffic Regulation Order- ‘No Parking’ on Newbury Lane
- TTRO Temporary Traffic Regulation Order- ‘No Parking’ on Park Avenue
- Signage on junction of Newbury Lane/High Street and on A6 before Barton Road – ‘Access to Silsoe/Wrest Park only’ and ‘No Through Route’
- Temporary Pedestrian Crossing at Church Road Bus Stop
- Suspend Bus Stop at Church Road
- Speed Camera Van – to be located at various areas in Clophill, Maulden and Silsoe but specifically the junction of Newbury Lane/High Street to deter speeding and vehicles going through Silsoe
- TTRO Temporary Traffic Regulation Order 30mph speed limit from A507/Ampthill Road Junction to the existing 30mph at Newbury Nurseries
CBC advise that they will keep reviewing the measures to ensure they remain appropriate.
The Parish Council are still unhappy with the measures particularly, the fact that Silsoe will be used as a diversion via Ampthill Road and Newbury Lane. However, unfortunately, we have been unable to convince CBC of the issues that may occur. We did ask for a 20mph village wide speed limit during the works but this was not adopted due to lack of available resources to plan and implement it. We also asked for temporary closures on Vicarage Road and Church Road as there is a danger these small roads will be overrun. This was not adopted as apparently road closures need manning, which surprised us.
For 18 months we have been in constant discussion with CBC, but ultimately the decisions they take are theirs and we will have to see what happens.
Please register your concerns as soon as possible.
Email enquiries regarding the works to firstname.lastname@example.org
Report any urgent Highways concerns on 0300 300 8049
Silsoe Parish Council